Dr. Robert Baker may use cone beam imaging when examining your teeth and mouth. This advanced imaging technology captures highly detailed photos of your teeth and supporting structures, allowing our dentist and team to plan and provide more precise and effective care that meets your needs. To schedule an appointment and learn more about cone beam imaging in Mesa, Arizona, contact our team at 480-461-9944.
What is cone beam imaging?
Cone beam imaging, also known as CBCT imaging or CT scanning, is a cutting-edge imaging technology that has revolutionized the field of diagnostic imaging. It offers a three-dimensional, high-resolution view of your teeth, mouth and supporting structures to provide our dentist and team with valuable insights into your oral health and function.
When is cone beam imaging used?
Cone beam imaging is widely used in orthodontics, implantology and endodontics, among other treatments. The detailed scans provide our dentist with images of your jaw, teeth and surrounding structures so that we can understand your oral health needs and provide you with the most precise and effective care possible. Cone beam imaging may be used to:
- Plan dental implant placement
- Evaluate your jaws and face
- View your head and neck as a comprehensive whole
- Diagnose tooth decay and other developing problems
- Detect endodontic problems and plan root canal treatments
- Analyze dental and facial trauma
- Plan and perform oral and maxillofacial surgery procedures
- Plan and evaluate the progress of orthodontic treatment
- Visualize abnormal teeth
- Assess TMJ disorders
- And more!
Benefits of cone beam imaging
Benefits of this technology include:
- Improved diagnosis of dental anomalies – when it comes to diagnosing complex dental conditions, cone beam imaging offers unparalleled insights. It allows our dentist and team to visualize impacted teeth, root abnormalities, cysts and other oral pathologies with remarkable clarity. By detecting such issues early on, we can create effective treatment plans and prevent potential complications.
- Greater precision in care – our dentist can accurately assess bone density, locate nerves and identify anatomical landmarks. This precision leads to better treatment outcomes and reducing your risk of complications.
- Enhanced treatment planning – the comprehensive, 3D view of your teeth and jaw relationships, as well as other details, and the ability to analyze your teeth and mouth from various angles ensures a customized treatment strategy.
Schedule Your Appointment
We welcome you to call Robert Baker Dentistry today to make an appointment and learn more about how cone beam imaging can benefit you.