If you are unhappy with your smile, our dentist may recommend dental veneers or laminates to enhance the appearance of your teeth. This cosmetic treatment covers the front surfaces of your teeth, removing their flaws and imperfections so that you can smile with complete confidence. Call Robert Baker Dentistry today at 480-461-9944 to set up a consultation and learn more about dental veneers and laminates in Mesa, Arizona.
What are dental veneers and laminates?
Dental veneers, also known as dental laminates, are thin shells made of porcelain or composite resin. They are custom-made to cover the front surface of your teeth, improving their appearance by removing aesthetic flaws to give you a picture-perfect smile.
When are dental veneers recommended?
Dental veneers are recommended for individuals who have cosmetic dental concerns, such as:
- Severely stained or discolored teeth
- Chipped, broken, cracked or worn teeth
- Mildly misaligned or crooked teeth
- Gaps and spaces between the teeth
- Teeth with are irregularly shaped
Veneers can provide a natural-looking, durable solution to enhance the overall appearance of the smile.
What is the process for receiving veneers?
Most patients who receive veneers require two appointments to complete their treatment. The process for receiving veneers typically involves the following steps:
- Consultation: Our dentist and team will evaluate your oral health and discuss your aesthetic goals to determine if veneers are the appropriate solution.
- Preparation: A small amount of enamel from the front of the teeth is removed to create space for the veneers. Our dentist will then take impressions of the teeth, which are sent to a dental lab to fabricate the custom veneers.
- Temporary veneers: If needed, temporary veneers may be placed while the permanent ones are being crafted.
- Bonding: Once the permanent veneers are ready, our dentist will check their fit and color before permanently bonding them to the teeth using a dental adhesive and light-curing technology.
- Follow-up: A follow-up appointment may be scheduled to ensure the veneers are properly placed and that you are satisfied with the results.
Maintaining Your Veneers
You can prolong the lifespan of your veneers and continue to maintain a healthy, beautiful smile by maintaining good oral hygiene at home and making and keeping your regular dental appointments.
Schedule An Appointment
To find out more about dental veneers, and to schedule your appointment with Dr. Robert Baker, contact our team today!